Saturday, September 26, 2009

The E-town Rotary Chicken Dance

Just in case you missed the meeting, or left your paper on the table, and you want to sing the song to your spouse, family, loved one or family pet, here, for the first time on any internet page, are the lyrics!

But first, here's a YouTube video to get that tune freshly implanted in your mind:



THESE LYRICS MATCH THE MUSIC IN THE VIDEO (sort of) SO YOU CAN START THE MUSIC AND SCROLL DOWN TO SING ALONG (if you dare!)

VERSE 1

I don’t wanna be a Moose.
I don’t wanna be an Elk.
I’m so happy to be in ROTARY.

I am not an Optomist.
I am not a Ki-wan-is.
I’m a member of E-town ROTARY.

When I hear the Four Way Test
I will try to do my best
While I’m serving our community.

I forget about myself
Working hard like Santa’s elf
As I work to sell each Christmas Tree.

CHORUS

Oh yes I love to go to Rotary.
I love to talk, and laugh and dine.
Because when I go to my meetings
I learn how we make… make E-town shine!

VERSE 2

Oh I’m glad I’m not a Lion
Singing Roar, Lions, Roar
Every month ‘cause that would be a bore.

Or a member of Sertoma
That would put me in a coma!
Or in a straight-jacket for sure!

Every week we hear a joke
Read what’s printed in the SPOKE
Pay the Sheriff’s “happy dollar” fee.

Listen to the President
Tell us where our money went
And sing our birthday song off key!

CHORUS

Oh yes I love to go to Rotary.
I love to talk, and laugh and dine.
Because when I go to my meetings
I learn how we make… make E-town shine!

VERSE 3

No, the Grange is not for me
And the Woodmen are too old.
You won’t find me in the B P W.

Jaycees are an active bunch
But they never meet for lunch
And they're way too young for me and you.

Etown Rotary’s just right
Selling raffles day and night
Hearing students talk about High School.

District Governors will tell
How they think we do so well
So we’re sure that OUR CLUB IS COOL!

CHORUS

Oh yes I love to go to Rotary.
I love to talk, and laugh and dine.
Because when I go to my meetings
I learn how we make… make Etown shine!

VERSE 4 (Starts slow and gets VERY fast!)

I’m not a Veteran of War
Nor a Northwest E M T
And I hear the Odd Fellows are dead.

We know the Masons are too secret
And they will not take in women
But Rotary is quite Co-ed.

We make money to fight cancer
and help students down in Haiti
Give to help our own Librarian!

There has never been a moment
I regretted my decision
To become an E-town Rotarian!

NO CHORUS

VERSE 5 (STARTS SLOW AND ENDS VERY FAST!)

This was written as a lark
Not to sing for Connie Spark
Just a little joke between two friends.

Someone thought it would be funny
But it's really very painful
And we should NEVER sing it again!

So let's cheer for Charlie's solo
Sing "For He's A Jolly Good Fellow"
And "cluck" to "Old MacDonald's Farm."

Shout out "Vive l'Rotary"
And our special "Happy Birthday"
Showing off our voices and our charm!



Lyrics Copyright (c) 2007 & 2009 Elizabethtown Rotary Club, Elizabethtown, PA

1 comment:

  1. 5th Verse added, 10/30/09

    (with apologies for every having written it in the first place!)

    ReplyDelete